{PLANNING} for our 2nd Bathroom

Happy Friday! 
It's always fun to get to the end of a work week. As we are looking to this weekend I have something in particular on my mind. Our 2nd Bathroom!!!!!! 

We've lived in our home for 6 years and slowly we have been recreating the upstairs and finishing the basement. 

During the past 12 years we have added 4 kids to the mix of our lives and it's come to the point that a second bathroom is on our "MUST DO" list. Our 3 girls are getting bigger and are to the point of monopolizing our one bathroom on the main floor. 

The fun part for me is I can start planning and deciding what I want that bathroom to look like. I have a very specific idea in mind of what I want the finished product to look like. But a few unknowns are still there. 

Bathroom Floor:
It is a basement after all. So there are concrete floors. I'm leaning towards staining the floors. I'm not in love with this color though. Thoughts?!
 I also love the look of this ceramic wood tile. I think it would be beautiful on the floor.
 Vanity:
I'm feeling very confident in the area of a double vanity. Our girls are 10, 8 and 6 and I know that the extra counter space would be welcomed as they get older. We do have the square footage to do this too so that makes it more obtainable. 
 I love the raised sinks! But I am more in love with the old dresser turned into vanity (Now to find one that fits my ideas).
Lighting:
These lights are just the best! Rustic, but are they TOO rustic?!



 Shower:
This subway tile is so yummy! I love the timeless appeal of it with the dark grout.  
(I know for sure I want a stand up shower downstairs).

 But on the other hand a shower insert like this is clean, less upkeep but not sure if it's the ideal look I want.
 Ceiling:
This bead board ceiling and beautiful trim is exactly what I'm thinking. It has the charm of an old home and a cozy feel. 
 The fun part of this weekend is we're starting the framing process. Far from finished but the wheels are spinning. Have a great weekend my friends!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow on Bloglovin