5 Simple Ways to Get Organized NOW for Christmas

 It seems crazy to be thinking about Christmas in June, right?!

One of my goals that I set for myself at the beginning of 2015 was to be more organized. I've done fairly well but continually working towards being better.

December always seems like a whirlwind for us. So I was thinking.... Why not plan ahead and be able to enJOY the season instead of fretting on all that needs to be done.

June 25th marks 6 month's till Christmas Day. It's also known as Leon Day (Noel spelt backwards). It's also a time of year when many people start planning ahead for gift making, planning, decorations etc.

5 Simple Ways to be Organized this Christmas!

1. Create a Holiday Gift List
Through the year when my kiddos see something that they want I tell them we will add it to their "wish list". This helps me to remember what they are wanting as well as if I find it on sell I can save some money.
I found this cute free printable HERE.http://www.moritzfineblogdesigns.com/2014/11/holiday-gift-tracker-free-printable/ 

And when I see something that makes me think of someone in particular, buy it for them! This hippo makes me think of one of my aunts and it's one of the cutest ornaments I've ever seen. You can find it HERE.

2. Be on the Lookout for Stocking Stuffer's! 
Stocking stuffers seem to be those last minute things that you rush to find. Why not pick them up through the year!?
 

3.  Find a few DIY projects to make for gift giving (and buy the supplies for them).
I've been wanting to make both of these projects. My mission is to buy supplies now so my kiddos and I can build them and give as gifts to those we love.
You can find a step by step guide for this ornament HERE.

I've been wanting to try my hand at one of these burlap wreaths for awhile, and it's a gift friends could keep up year round.
4. Plan for Christmas Decorations.
I've had this NOEL on my pinterest board for a few years but keep forgetting about it until a few days before Christmas. 
5. Have Family Photos Taken THIS summer for Holiday cards.
There is such a rush towards the end of November for us to get photos done for holiday cards. My plan is to have family photos done this summer while the grass is green and flowers are blooming so I can have that task checked off of my to-do list early.
Find these ideas HERE.http://www.itsalwaysautumn.com/2014/02/24/photography-tutorial-roundup-how-to-pose-families-groups.html
"If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail!" 
-Benjamin Franklin

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow on Bloglovin