As Momma's I feel like we often run circles around our children cleaning mess after mess with no visible end in site.
Take heed ladies... There is one room you CAN keep clean!
Simple Guide To a Clean Bathroom
1. It all starts with color. If it's been awhile since you've freshened up the paint in your bathroom set a goal to get to it this week. Your eyes will thank you every time you see that clean fresh coat of paint.
2. Take out the Trash. Its a simple task that takes 10 seconds to do daily.
3. Don't leave Laundry on the floor. Keep a laundry basket in the bathroom and remind your kiddos to put their clothes in the basket each time they change.
4. Clean that toilet! Not only does a clean toilet look fresh and smell good. It also keeps your family healthy.
5. Keep the clutter off of your counter. Each item in the bathroom should have a place. If your cabinets are overflowing it's time to dive in there and get rid of the 1/8 full bottles that are taking up space.
The bathroom is the one room that your guests are in by themselves. By doing these five simple steps daily you'll be prepared for unexpected visitors plus it makes you feel accomplished to have at least one clean room in the home with little ones running around.
Most know I work from home and have for several years now. But not everyone knows why I do.
My Adventure as a Work at Home Mom was rather intentional and I had no clue it would become a sustainable business that would be with me for the past 9 years.
So here's where it all began ...
Ten years ago we we're blessed with this precious baby girl. I was beyond in love with her! My husband and I lived in a different state and his job there required that he traveled. With this new baby in our home I wanted him to be home more.
And that's what brought us to Nebraska...
A move to a new state, new home, new job. It was a blessing to be close to family and have my husband home each night. But with the move brought a lot of debt due to our previous home sitting on the market for a year and a half. During this incredibly stressful time in life financially, we we're beyond thrilled to find out we we're expecting our second daughter.
With our debt load and living expenses we we're barely squeaking by. I knew there had to be a way that I could help contribute financially to give us some breathing room. That's when I started doing research and digging and learning and finding a way to be home with my babies and help relieve the financial burden off of my husband. I Finally had a Ray of Hope!
Fast forward to present day. We now have 4 babies and I'm so thankful for God's perfect timing! Because of my Adventure as a Work at Home Mom I'm able to live out my dream of motherhood being home with my kids. They have never seen a day in daycare, never had to have a babysitter put them to bed at nights. We have choices. Are achieving dreams.
My adventure seems to change each day with helping new business partners, now tackling multiplication homework with my 10 year old and running a home. The squeaky wheel of financial burden is now well oiled. We have peace as we go to sleep at nights and that right there is WHY I do what I do.
If your not exercising your missing out on so many benefits for your body besides staying toned.
Physical activity doesn't mean you have to run a marathon everyday, but it does mean your moving your body. Think of this... each day public schools send their students to P.E. for a reason, it get's the blood pumping, clears their little minds, burns off some energy and helps to defeat childhood obesity. As adults we often get to busy or just plain lazy and forget the benefits of skipping around the front yard or 20 minutes of yoga.
7 Benefits of Exercise
1. Control Weight. It's a no brainier that the more we move our body the more calories are being burned.
2. Combat health conditions and disease. Regular physical activity can help you prevent or manage a wide range of
health problems and concerns, including stroke, metabolic syndrome,
type 2 diabetes, depression, certain types of cancer, arthritis and
3. Improve mood. Physical activity stimulates various brain chemicals that may leave you
feeling happier and more relaxed. You may also feel better about your
appearance and yourself when you exercise regularly, which can boost
your confidence and improve your self-esteem.
4. More Energy. Exercise and physical activity deliver oxygen and nutrients to your
tissues and help your cardiovascular system work more efficiently. And
when your heart and lungs work more efficiently, you have more energy to
go about your daily chores.
5. Better Sleep. Regular physical activity can help you fall asleep faster and deepen your sleep.
6. More of a "spark". Regular physical activity can leave you feeling energized and looking
better, which may have a positive effect on your sex life.
7. Boosts your brain by improving memory and thinking skills. The benefits of exercise come directly from its ability to reduce
insulin resistance, reduce inflammation, and stimulate the release of
growth factors—chemicals in the brain that affect the health of brain
cells, the growth of new blood vessels in the brain, and even the
abundance and survival of new brain cells.
So get that body moving! Its' recommended to have 150 minutes per week of physical exercise. That can be a walk, cardio, weight lifting or yoga (one of my favorites). The key is to get the heart rate up and move.
I had the privilege of building this beautiful (3 foot wide!!!) sign recently.
Isn't it a great quote?!
It makes me stop and realize how precious all of the little moments are in life. Even those that seem endless like changing diapers, folding laundry with a three year old and dishes with a six year old. Those are the moments that will one day be looked back upon and never forgotten.
And this photo my sweet Mandy took of me. She has found a new hobby in photography and is learning angels. I love that it shows one of her passions as well as one of mine.
May you be blessed today and do something you enJoy!